We are honored to be tagged on our weibo account for the ALS ice bucket challenge and we accept the challenge!
The ice bucket challenge, while fun, has a deeper meaning. The ice bucket challenge is meant to raise awareness for Amyotropic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS) which is also known as the Lou Gehrig’s Disease. ALS affects the nerves in the spinal cord and brain and it causes a person to lose control over the use of their muscles. This disease is fatal and there is no known cure. 10% of the cases are caused by genetics. It is unknown what causes the rest of the cases.
Our Oppas have shown their support for this cause and we are very excited to be able to participate and join Super Junior in support for this great cause to raise awareness and donations to fund research into this little known disease.
We would like to tag ALL OUR FOLLOWERS (yes all of you) to take on the ice bucket challenge!
To show your support for Super Junior at the same time, mention your country and at the end of the video, say, “Uri ELF o-eh-yo!” You can also wear your Super Junior t-shirts, accessories, or stand in front of your Super Junior posters, etc. while completing your ice bucket challenge.
We will compile all your video links in a post on our site if you tweet the link to your video, the link to this post (http://wp.me/p1jtYf-7A0), and hashtag it with #SuperJunior and #ELFIceBucketALSChallenge. If you only have a picture or did the ice bucket challenge before we posted about our donation project, you can still tweet it to us. Please include @questionsforwwe at the end of your tweet. We cannot find your tweet if you include @WorldwideELFs due to an overload of mentions.
We will also be collecting donations to donate under the “Super Junior’s Ever Lasting Friends” name.
If you are interested in contributing, please read the following carefully:
- If you are a US resident, you can donate via Venmo or Paypal. Please tell us which you will use @questionsforwwe before sending so we can tell you we are ready for you to do so.
- If you are a non-US resident, you can donate to our Paypal account (firstname.lastname@example.org). Send as friends/family in the USD currency (best through bank account or Paypal balance) and put in the optional message your name and/or twitter to be acknowledged for on our list of donors post. We will not list your donation amount. Please leave the space blank if you do not want to be acknowledged.
- If you don’t have either account, but want to help, please get in touch with us via @questionsforwwe and we’ll try to work something out.
- We have representatives for the US, UK, Indonesia, Singapore, Malaysia, Australia, and Hong Kong. Please contact us at email@example.com or @questionsforwwe and tell us your country. You can also request to add your country if it is not listed.
- [EXTENDED] We will stop collecting donations on September 7, 2014 at 10:00 PM KST.
- If you would like to be more private with your donation, you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will donate everything after it is all collected (minus currency conversion fees, if any) under “Super Junior’s Ever Lasting Friends” and we hope that everyone can try to help in one way or another as a fellow human being.
Please also visit the ALS official site (http://www.alsa.org/) to learn more about the organization and disease.
Finally, you can contact us at email@example.com or @questionsforwwe with any questions or concerns.